Our Community Partners
Agencies & Groups
The following agencies, groups and individuals partner with Northwest Pilot Project to take care of the low-income seniors in our community.
Supportive Services helps our clients with moving, light and heavy cleaning and bed bug treatments. They specialize in relocation of those with special needs and welcome all others. They are always willing to take on the hardest and most unappealing jobs.
Home Forward (formerly the Housing Authority of Portland)
We are fortunate to work with Home Forward on several projects that support low income seniors:
- Short Term Rent Assistance administers rent and deposit assistance used for housing clients
- Shelter Plus Care (along with JOIN) administers 10-15 housing subsidies and ongoing case management services for formerly homeless seniors with multiple barriers to housing
- Home Forward provides housing subsidies for permanent supportive housing units at the Morrison, the Twelfth Avenue Terrace, the Jeffery, the Watershed, the Westshore and the Village at the Headwaters.
REACH is the building owner and one of our partners at the Twelfth Avenue Terrace. NWPP provides case management and placements.
Catholic Charities partnered with NWPP on the Sacred Heart Villa which gives supportive services to formerly homeless/at-risk seniors.
Community Partners for Affordable Housing owns the Watershed Apartments where supportive services are given to formerly homeless/at-risk seniors.
Portland Housing Bureau helps fund the Women's Emergency Services Collaborative. NWPP performs outreach and housing services to homeless women 55 years and older.
JOIN is our primary partner in the Shelter Plus Care program. HAP provides vouchers, JOIN administers and coordinates the program and NWPP gives ongoing support services.
Income Property Management sponsored our annual Walk-a-thon and provides property management at The Morrison, The Watershed, Alder House and The Jeffrey Apartments.
Northwest Housing Alternatives have several buildings for low income people. They give us referrals to four of them for our clients.
Other Important Community Partners Include:
- Guardian Management
- Cascade Aids Project
- Veteran's Administration
- Outside In
- Transition Projects
- SE Works
- Independent Living Resources
- Oregon Law Center
- Oregon Opportunity Network
- Street Roots
- Multnomah County Aging and Disability Services
- Downtown Community Housing
- Central City Concern
We thank them all for their help in housing for the seniors in our community.