What is the transportation program?
Transportation is available to senior citizens 60 years or older and persons with disabilities who live in the following zip codes: 97201, 97204, 97205 and 97209.
Rides are provided for the following:
Personal Business rides
How do I get started and get a ride?
If you are new to our program, the best way to get started is to give us a call and leave us a message on the ride scheduling line (503) 478-6869. On your message please include your name, your address, the address you would like a ride to and your phone number. You can expect a return call within 2-3 business days. We will call you back to verify your information and confirm your ride.
NWPP Transportation Contacts
*Ride Scheduling Line: 503-478-6869
Pick up lines can only be used for getting a return ride. No scheduling is done on these lines.
Pick Up Line: 503-481-8713
*All rides are scheduled via the telephone on the scheduling line only. Drivers will not be able to schedule rides from the vans or from their pick up lines.
Good Things to Know About Getting a Ride
1. We work hard to accommodate all who need a ride. However, if our ride schedule fills up, we will give highest priority to medical rides.
2. Rides are provided between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday-Friday.
3. A donation is suggested for the rides but you will not be refused a ride if you cannot donate.
4. Please try to schedule at least 48 hours in advance. We do our best but may not be able to help you if you don't plan ahead. We confirm rides as soon as we can but it may take a few days to get back to you. To maximize the number of rides we provide we may be unable to confirm your ride until 24 hours before. We can almost always accommodate your ride request or we will help find you an alternative ride.
5. Rides for clients in wheelchairs or electric scooters require advanced scheduling, but are given priority.
6. Taking a client to do personal business after medical appointments must be scheduled at the time the medical ride is scheduled except for prescription pick-ups.
7. Rides will be refused to anyone under the influence of alcohol or illicit drugs.
8. Smoking is not allowed in NWPP vans.
9. NWPP may need to cancel rides during bad weather.
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, and honest compliments, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around." - Leo Buscaglia