NWPP believes availability of and access to affordable housing is essential to ending poverty and social problems stemming from poverty. Our Housing Program is unique in that it tracks the outcomes of clients housed.
We put the client at the center of our work and focus on providing services that acknowledge and affirm the dignity of each individual we’re working with.
- Comprehensive housing assessment
- Information and referral to other community resources
- Development of a housing plan that addresses short-term and long-term housing needs
- Advocacy with current or potential landlords
- Permanent housing placement, including affordable housing search resources, move-in deposits, basic furniture and moving assistance
- Eviction prevention services, including rent assistance
- Bilingual English/Spanish staff and interpreters available for languages other than English and Spanish
We also provide transportation and retention services to ensure that very low-income seniors can continue to live independently once they have secured housing.
Transportation Services provided: Our Transportation Services offer clients who are enrolled in our Housing Program with transportation to medical appointments, housing-related appointments, shopping or personal business. Our transportation services are designed to support Multnomah County seniors in maintaining their health and independence in permanent, affordable housing.
Retention Services provided: Retention Services offer support to clients after they move into permanent housing, and keep them connected to our community. Retention services include; problem-solving help with neighbors or landlords, coordinating medical appointments, regular check-ins for clients who are socially isolated, help with furnishing new apartments, and whatever else is necessary to help seniors stay permanently housed.